The Railroad Station during a snow storm.

VIS Projects and Events

Railroad Station

In 1968 the Village Improvement Society purchased the former Grand Trunk Railroad Station from the Canadian National Railroad in order to save the station from demolition. This landmark, built in 1906, was placed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1979.

The building has been used for over 25 years by a local business - The Village Florist.